Debt is attachment, sense of guilt, grudge, sense of vengeance: otherwise called thought of credit and debt, which physically manifests itself in the world as banking and commerce. Obviously, I'm saying nothing new here: We can never be forgiven of debt if we cannot forgive others. We cannot forgive others without simultaneously forgiving ourselves.
Thus, before reading on, do a mental inventory of everyone you hold a grudge against. When you can find forgiveness for each and every one of them, when you completely let go, you've cut this noose around your neck. Then you can come back and read the rest of this, about banking. Why? Because then you will see that banking is unreal, an illusion, and what I say will confirm what you already know.
Funny how it sounds not only bad, but totally stupid, if I, as an individual, write you a bad check to buy a house, huh?
An individual who counterfeits a few dollars one time is guilty of felony, a federal offense, and will go to prison. An institution that counterfeits billions of dollars every day is called a bank, and its CEO and board members even get to be in the halls of government, as they are this very day! They get to be the government!
But this system has been the foundation of our civilization for centuries, so it must be okay, huh? It's tradition, after all!
Let's look at simple reality. You never had a debt to me in the first place, and I never gave or even lent you anything but a bad check! Ask yourself this: how can it be moral to even consider paying me “back”? But you must also consider it was foolish to ask me for a loan in the first place. You must now find out what responsibility and reality is and to whom you’re really supposed to pay back.
Let me state it more simply:
Forget money and banks, which are literally nothing, and simply look at reality:
Anybody in the world who has more stuff than they need is in debt to those who have less than they need.
When you accept the reality that you own nothing, then your debt is gone.
Excuse me for stating common sense:
All our ideas to heal the world, our social programs, and our activism are futile, in the bigger picture, if we continue to practice interest banking, either as lender or borrower! It makes no sense to fight the dragon while secretly feeding him at the same time, unless you enjoy perpetually fighting the dragon.
The proof has been all around us for centuries: interest banking causes goods to flow from the workers to the non-workers, from the poor to the rich, and is the cause of the bulk of world poverty, debt, environmental degradation, and mental anxiety that you are likely experiencing right now. Just your own mental anxiety is proof enough, if you don't have eyes to see the world system.
Are there situations in which it is not only okay, but mandatory, to break our promises?
We in modern culture are making promises in an irrational fit of faithless anxiety and fear, faithlessness that everything we need is not in the present. We are making promises to a Mafia.
1. We must establish that it was bad judgment to take out a loan in the first place. We lost faith that everything we needed was available in the present, as it has been for zillions of years in nature's balance.
2. We must acknowledge that we made a promise to pay back what we borrowed, and we want to be responsible and keep our promise.
3. We must also acknowledge that our promise was more than a simple “yes” and “no," because we signed a contract promising we would pay back our debt. We must realize that going beyond a simple yes or no comes from a corrupt mind and reasoning. A lie is a lie, and to sign a contract is to water down truth. How is telling a lie "under oath" any different than telling a lie not "under oath?" Both the mind that requires us to sign a contract and the mind that signs the contract are equally corrupt: both are lost in faulty, irrational thinking. Now that we've acknowledged this error, we forgive ourselves and move on.
4. We must now ask ourselves where our loan came from so we can pay it back. Again, every banker and economist knows that a bank does not lend us what belongs to the bank. The bank wants you to think it is lending to you from its own reserves, but it is lending nothing. Not only that, the bank has the audacity to charge you interest on nothing, creating more illusion of something from nothing. Every banker knowingly practices this deception. But every bank justifies itself, not because it does not know that what it is doing is deception, but because what it does is tradition, and all of commercial civilization depends on this tradition! The bank, however, does deceive both itself and us into thinking life will end if it does not practice this deception. Faithlessness is belief that everything real will fall apart unless you practice a lie. Faith is belief that everything real will succeed if you are completely real, totally true. Faithlessness is pretense. Faith is sincerity.
It is true that everything that is false, the bulk of commercial civilization, would collapse without interest banking. And it must collapse if we and other living beings are to survive.
5. On realizing we have entered into a knowingly-deceptive contract, our contract is invalidated, freeing us from any responsibility to the contract. The fact that most all the world uses deceptive contracts does not validate any of those contracts. It is, in fact, irresponsible to hold to a corrupt contract in the same way it is irresponsible for a mafioso or gangster to hold to a blood oath to his peers!
6. We must not stray from our integrity, from our responsibility to pay back our debt! Thus we must ask ourselves where our loan truly came from! When you erase the illusion of money and simply look at goods and services, reality becomes clear. In the greater world economy, we see, obviously, that goods and services flow from workers to non-workers, from the poor to the rich, from the creative to the non-creative, from the productive to those who produce only illusion, from the givers to the moochers. The bankers take, and do not borrow, from the world’s workers and creators, and they pay nothing back. By doing any business with the bank, you have become an accomplice to theft and you must reconcile it. You have taken an illusion, fiat money, from the bank, and used it to trade for actual goods created by the world’s poor, causing goods to flow from the poor to the rich, from those who need to those who do not need.
But let's go back to me "lending" you a bad check to buy a house. Now how can we talk about me forgiving your debt? It’s like asking a rapist to forgive the victim. It's like talk of getting banks to blow themselves up.
Jubilee was created for families, friends, and neighbors. People lend to family, friends, and neighbors with zero profit motivation. But the very nature of a lending institution is profit from nothing. A lending institution simply cannot be moral and simply cannot look out for the good of the borrower, despite appearances. It cannot forgive and cannot be forgiven, not in this life or any life to come. A bank runs on unforgiveable sin (debt). Its very nature and lifeblood is willful sin (debt). To end willful debt is to end banking.